ES-W100 Weather Station
Panel Efficiency Monitoring
The ES-W series of weather stations are designed to meet the
needs of renewable energy power
generation, most specifically PV panels. These stations feature sensors and
communication options for the purpose of reporting data to increase knowledge
of panel performance and aid in predicting and identifying daily plant
The ES-W100 is our entry level station which is compact,
preassembled and simple to install.
- Adjustable Solar Irradiance Sensor for Global or Plane-of-Array Monitoring
- 1 or 2 x Back-of-PV Panel Temp Sensor(s)
- Ambient Air Temperature Sensor
- Modbus RS-485 Communication
- Sunspec Ver. 1.1 Compliant
Sensors & Options:
- Ambient Air Temperature: Housed in a passive shield
- Global Irradiance or Plane-of-Array Irradiance:
The irradiance sensor is adjustable and can be set to provide global
irradiance (when horizontal) or plane -of-array irradiance when installed to
match the PV panel angle.
- Back-of-Module Temperature:
These sensors are attached to the back of the PV panel using thermal conductive adhesive tape. They provide accurate panel temperatures, an important parameter for efficiency monitoring. One sensor is shipped with each system. The ES-W100 supports two sensors. The second may be purchased separately.
- The ES-W100 has a single, 2-wire, half duplex, RS-485 port. Termination can be enabled or disabled using a jumper located near the RS-485 screw terminals. By default the ES-W100 is configured to operate as a Modbus slave at address 60. The Modbus register layout is compatible with SunSpec Ver 1.1.
- The ES-W100’s compact light weight design make installation quick and
easy. Various mounting options are available, including a 3-foot tripod and
Mono mount. The ES-W100 is supplied with a detachable mast section that can bolt to an existing structure. All electrical connections are made using screw terminals. Standard sensors are factory installed. As a user/installer the only connections required are power and communications. Wires are provided for these functions, prewired internally to the board. No need to make internal connections on the unit.